Saturday, July 31, 2010

Does anyone know at what age in Missouri, can a child decide they don't want to visit non-custodial parent?

I have 3 children, all girls. I have custody of the 12 %26amp; 10 yr old. He has custody of our 8 yr old. My girls that I have don't want to go back and visit their father. I don't want to force them and really upset them. Please help.Does anyone know at what age in Missouri, can a child decide they don't want to visit non-custodial parent?
There is no age, in any state, where a child gets to make that legal decision for themselves. That is way too much responsibility for a child to have (or for a child to be asked to take on).





Custody judges *always* consider a child's opinion in the matter, at any age, though - either by speaking to them directly or by listening to the advice of the child's court-appointed counselor or guardian ad litem.





If these were my kids %26amp; I knew that they were not in physical danger when with dad, I would help them figure out what it is that makes them uncomfortable when with dad -and- help them figure out how to solve that issue. Teach them how to communicate their feelings to dad respectfully %26amp; lovingly and teach them how to come to an agreement with dad that leaves everyone happy to be spending time together.Does anyone know at what age in Missouri, can a child decide they don't want to visit non-custodial parent?
If they don't want to go, don't force them. Even if it came down to the court interfering, they would side with the kids.





Find out WHY they don't want to go though...there may be an issue that is putting your youngest in danger.
My parents and my step dad my step dad has custady ove my bros that are21 and 17 about to be 18 and they really hate him cause he like abuses them so when there at are house they dont want to go back. so i could not really help though sorry!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment