Saturday, July 31, 2010

Is it possible to love your parent, but not like them as a person?

I admit I really don't like my mother as a person because I find her to be two-faced and calculating. (yes I have told her this). To be honest I don't even trust her. She'll smile so sweetly in your face only then to brutally gossip about you. This is why I really don't talk a her that much. Barely on important holidays. I'm in my late 20's by the way.Is it possible to love your parent, but not like them as a person?
Yes. I love my mom a lot, but I don't like her at all half the time.Is it possible to love your parent, but not like them as a person?
I would say: Absolutely yes!





I love my brother because he is my brother. But at the sametime i absolutely hate him. He has no ethics, he steals, doesn't work and lives off my parents and unemployment. He doesn't even try to find work. Instead he broke into my home and robbed me, he steals from my parents, my cosuins home and we have even caught him stealing from my 7 years wallet. How can you like someone like that?





Me on the other hand moved at 21 had a baby at 22, graduated college at 24 and worked for the same compnay moving up for the past 6 years. I'm 29 years old now and i could never imagine spending my life like my brother.
thanks for describing my mother to a tee





I have put up parameters to speak to my mother due to the vicious gossip channels she has created





we only speak of my son, i do not ask for information and do not give any to her


I only tell her of positive things in my life


she dosn't like it but, it stops the gossip
Let me answer it this way, Is it possible to like your parents and not love them? It's family, I love my mom and all my sibilings but most days I do not like them at all...... But they are family and they will alawsy be there when you need someone to have your back, wether you like them or not!
Definitely- I always told my mother that- In fact at your age, I wrote her a letter and told her that. But now that we are a lot older, I see why she was the way she was and now I love and like her. Now my sisters and brothers, that's a different question!
You bet. Loving someone doesn't necessarily mean to have to like them or their actions. I love my kids dearly but quite often do not like their actions. My mother in law on the other hand, not even sure I love her..... :0 She can be quite mean in her words to my kids.
Based on your mom's personality, I'd say yes it's possible to love your parent but not like them.





My mother in law's brother walked out on his wife and kids 7 years ago. She still loves him, but she does not like him at all right now.
Yea it is, its like that in my family. Because you know shes family, you love her, but because of her behavior, you don't like her.
Good on you for calling her out on it to her face. Maybe she'll take the hint. That's a sad situation but totally possible.
Oh wow , I know exactly what you're saying ( my mom acts like that too) I can't stand to be around her most of the time , but I still love her.
Yes, it sure is.

No comments:

Post a Comment