Saturday, July 31, 2010

Has anyone ever lost a parent to lung cancer?

I just found out my mother has lung cancer. Of coarse she has smoked since she was 16 and she is now 77. I can't believe this. I need my mom. I don't know how to get thru this.Has anyone ever lost a parent to lung cancer?
Hi, I know how you feel. I lost my mum to cancer 8 months ago not to lung cancer but to bowel and liver cancer at the age of 60. Since her death I am lost without her she was my best friend apart from being my mum. You have to take day by day and be there for her, there is nothing else you can do really but just support her and give her anything she wants. My mum used to be a very healthy person never smoked in her life, never drunk alcohol and always ate healthy food as she was always looking after her figure but bless her when she knew she was terminal she was not bothered about her weight any more, she was loosing it anyway. All she wanted was chocolates and sweet things, all that she wanted I gave to her. When my mum passed away in May 2006 I thought I could not live without her but life carries on and I am grateful for all the nice times we had together and with four children at home I have to be strong so sweetie be there for her she needs you now more than ever and when everything is over do not worry you will find the strength to carry on. Your mum will be in my prayers God Bless you all. If you need to talk do not hesitate to email me.Has anyone ever lost a parent to lung cancer?
I lost my mom to non small cell lung cancer 4 yrs ago. I was extremely close to her and she was my best friend, and I miss her each and everyday. It still breaks my heart that she didn't get to meet my youngest son, she was a special person who would have loved my son and accepted him and been there for him when he went in for open heart surgery (my son has down syndrome) at 4 months old. but I take heart in the fact that my son now has a very special angel looking out for him. My mom died on DEC 3rd 2002....one week to the day after her death my dad died of a broken heart on DEC10th 2002 and one year to the day of my dad's death my beautiful son was born...I have had my share of heartache. with the birth of my son Nick it replaced a day of sadness with one of happiness and I see my mom in my son's gorgeous blue eyes.


It is a tough road you are heading down with your mom, but the best advice I could ever give you is to be there and support her....and never, ever give up hope! don't treat her any differently than you have in the past...be there for whatever she may need and never ever forget to tell her you love her. I wish you the strength and the courage to get through these next months...God bless.
I've recently (October) lost my grandmother to stage 4 lung cancer. She started smoking at an early age. She was 67 when she passed away. It's not going to be easy to get through, and there isn't anything that anyone in a blog can say to comfort you...you'll have to find what works best for you to cope. Try to remember that she's had a great 77 years here on earth...think about the positive, good times...
my dad has nsclc in his spine. he's had radiation and 4 sets of chemo. he sleeps all day and doesn't eat much or drink much. it's hard especially when his feelings are so guarded by himself. i think you will and have to get through this just like anyone. remember to take care of your health (mind, emotions, and body) i'm going through this as well...i'm very emotional and am trying hard to help my dad and make things easier...even though he doesn't help me with communicating how i can help. i try and give my dad good energy through touch...touching his hand, his back, and his knee etc. giving as many hugs as he can handle. cry and stay sane...do what you feel and try to get in touch with that.
My father started smoking at eight was gone at 62 he passed 23 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment