Saturday, July 31, 2010

Have you found being a parent harder than you expected?

I think its the hardest thing ive ever done and he is now 13 months and im still waiting for the day i can relax and just enjoy him. He is unwell at the moment and i really hate to see him this way it just breaks my heart. I also think having kids puts a huge stress on your relationships. Please tell me im not alone?Have you found being a parent harder than you expected?
yes and no... i guess yes because i always had a way with kids... they always loved me and i could get them from tantrum to laughing and happy and distracted in 2 seconds... so with my own i thought id be the best mommy in the world and he would never be upset or have tantrums.. HA!!! I was so wrong. if anything, he knows me better than anyone and knows how i will react and tests me with so many different things...





ive found myself losing my patience with him and was like OMG what am i doing?!!? but its hard... especially when they try to play in the toilet or stick his fingers in the electrical socket and when i pull him away or tap his hand away from it, he LAUGHS at me and goes back to do it again... hes 16 months old and in the ER about 5 times now bc of all the accidents and scares hes given me!!!





so yes its harder. plus i didnt expect to be a SAHM so long, and not ever having a break from him makes it hard to notice the small things sometimes - but i've really been consciously reminding myself how fast he grows.. and i think by the month tho it gets a little more fun and a little less hard. the 2nd year, to me, is the hardest. but you'll see in a couple months, it'll get more fun and you'll start to enjoy it more i hope!!





i hope your little one feels better!! i hate when theyre sick too because they cant tell you whats wrong! try giving him some tylenol. and yes, my husband and i never had that 'alone/ honeymoon' time ... dylan came way too fast! and he sleeps in our bed, (or the lack thereof because he DOESNT sleep lol)... but definitely a good form of birth control! :)





you'll be okay. just enjoy it!! listen to there goes my life.. its by phil vassar i think... and listen to terri clark she didnt have time :)Have you found being a parent harder than you expected?
You are so not alone, I have a 4m old and a 19m old and i def have days were i look at at myself and wonder ';What was i thinking'; ';How am I supposed to be a mom';. The stress and low points just seem to disappear when your kids face lights up when they see you or they laugh so hard that you have no choice but to laugh along. There is no JOB like being a mom But id chose being a mom over any other job a hundred times over. As for your relationship it can suffer sometimes just try to take time away from being a mom for just a moment whenever possible and just focus on you and your partner go out for a nice dinner and talk about anything OTHER than your baby and try to remember what brought you two together in the beginning. don't stress to much one day you will wake up and realize that every thing has fallen in to place.
Actually being a parent is easier than i thought it was gonna be, but i have a fairly easy laid back lil guy, who has done everything early lol (he's 15 months old but acts more like he's 3).





Course some days are harder than others (like a few days ago when he was in alotta pain cuz he was teething)





I'm sure though once my twin boys are born (I'm 24 weeks, 5 days pregnant right now, Sept. 21st), things will prolly get harder, but yea i really though being a parent would be alot tougher than it is, not saying it's not tough, it's just not as tough as i thought it would be.





Hope this helps, :D.





I think it def. can put alotta stress on relationships, but so far it's made my boyfriend and i alot closer, he's a wonderful daddy, and does as much as he can to help me out.
Having my daughter has come with a lot of sacrifices but I do not have any regrets. She puts a smile on my face everyday and makes it worthwhile. Actually, I look back and wonder what I did with all that ';free time'; I no longer have! I wouldn't say it is harder than what I thought...I think it is more enjoyable than I thought. It really filled a void I never knew I had.





There are a lot of challenges being a parent. I think every parent needs to maintain different aspects of their lives by setting aside: parent time, adult time, alone time, couple time and so on. If not it is easy to loose yourself and become miserable.





It definitely gets easier the older they get. Especially if you keep your child on a strict routine. Having a good support system is really nice, too.
I think it changes relationships BIG TIME. I expected my husband to be a certain kind of father, especially after being around my father in law so much. He was great with the kids, but didn't help me do anything like changing diapers, feeding, bathing, etc. He just plays with them. I was very disappointed for a long time. I also didn't expect for him to be..... so unsupportive with some things. His attitude is ';you stay home all day long, it should be easy';. It's very upsetting and hurt full to know the man you've loved for so many years really thinks I just sit at home playing with the 2 kids and it's so easy.





It does get easier, I promise. Once he starts really talking and interacting with you, it's a lot of fun. Ethan is 2 1/2 now and makes me laugh so many times a day. Sophie is almost 11 months and even she's getting to be more fun. Just hang in there. Start finding some moms in your area you can talk/hang out with. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten on here and gotten the support and the advice and the motivation I've needed to keep going. Email me anytime you need to talk, vent, or need that extra encouragement!
Its hard, v hard. There is not a moments rest with our 13 month old. Something we didnt bank on was clashing with our partner over the correct way to bring her up. We argue right down to what food we give the baby. I want ultra healthy everything, and my partner likes to give her things she likes. I only realise now how different we are in what we want for our children even though we seemed well suited before she arrived. But she is my little girl, and I will have to struggle through it. I agree there is tremendous strain on a relationship.
You are not alone. I had the worse pregnancy but it was nothing until my daughter arrived. It's difficult but it's best to take one day at a time and take lot of photos so you can remember him the way he was.
Yes it is harder than i expected but i knew it wasnt going to be a breeze! i still enjoy my son even though he needs all the attention i can give him and i just relax when hes sleeping*
I'm not a parent (child-free by choice) but my sister-in-law had two babies within 14 months of each other and gets stressed out a lot.
Its the hardest task Ive ever taken on. But its also the most rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment