Saturday, July 31, 2010

How do you tell your parent you are moving out?

I am 19, and I currently pay for about half of the rent. But I get treated like I don't deserve any of the apartment to myself at any time(friends over, girlfriend, etc.).





I don't want to leave my mom hanging out on a financial limb, but I need to get out.





How should I talk to my mom about this? I just dont want to screw her over financially. And how much notice should I give her? one week? one month?How do you tell your parent you are moving out?
Well if you are old enough to move out than you are old enough to just sit down and tell mom what you are doing.





I think that you should give her at least 1 month.How do you tell your parent you are moving out?
Some parents do not want their offspring to fledge. The best way to tell her is by using words, carefully selected words. This is your mother you're talking about so give her as much time as possible. You will know if she is stringing you along or really trying. Her actions will dictate your next words.
dude i'm totally in the same situation i'm 18.......and i'm moving out in january.i'm thinking of telling them when i've already found a place and paid for it.seems like the best thing i can come up with.i'm totally screwed cos it seems heart breaking any way.........
Just sit down and talk to her. Tell her your feelings about things and your plans. You are going to fly the nest sooner or later. It's going to happne one day, so!

No comments:

Post a Comment