Tuesday, August 24, 2010

As a Parent, how do you de-stress when you're having on-going difficulties with your small children ?

I keep a journal,listen to music.walk when i can in a peaceful area and talk with friends to have a sounding board. The biggest sanity-saver is my journal though,in the evenings when ny daughter is in bed.you might want to try it.As a Parent, how do you de-stress when you're having on-going difficulties with your small children ?
you don`t say how old your children are or what for difficulties you have ?if it`s that they are loud and have too much energy you can try to do some activities that would help to realize their energy and your stress.e.g. go swimming,go on a bike ride,a long nature walk,play football together etc.or if the weather is bad get the doing crafts at home.painting.drawing,cutting out and gluing.playing with play dough can be very therapeutic and most kids like that.try to keep the children busy so they have less time to fight with one another.and at night when they are all in bed try and have some time for yourself and your partner.have a nice bath or read a good book,do a candle like dinner.another relaxer is to get your partner to give you a nice massage and you could always give in one back in turn.it is also nice to give as well as to receive.or get together with friends and give each other a facial.but if in the day when the kids are still around and you need to let of steam try making bread or pizza dough,the kids can help as well if they want.putting all your force,anger and frustration in kneading the dough will not only do you good but will make even better bread.you will find the kids would even have fun as well.i often make bread with my 5 and my 2 year old.hope these tips help.also find a good friend that you can let of steam to once in a while.there is nothing like a good friend to support you.As a Parent, how do you de-stress when you're having on-going difficulties with your small children ?
I have 3 kids, ages 5, 6, and 7. I don't get much time to de-stress to be honest with you. My husband and I joined a bowling league for what was supposed to be our date night so we could have a stress free evening, and now we even have to take them with us because my mom won't keep the kids anymore due to some other situations in the family. Last night they had me almost in tears cuz I was so stressed.





What I usually do is take a hot bubble bath, or once in awhile make the hubby stay home with them while I just take a drive. I wish I had more things to do to de stress, but I don't. I even quit smoking, so thats one less thing I have to relieve my stress ;-)
the best way for u to become distress from ur little one, is to put them down in their crib/ playpen( make sure that they r safe) walk away and close the door, go into the bathroom, living room etc... and just breath for a few minutes, and when u feel that u have gotten yourself 2gether than go back with ur child. u can do that every now and then just to give ur self some time.
Video games lots of them.
I clean like a mad woman! There is no better stress reliever than cleaning!
I smoke my head off...
  • concealer makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment