Saturday, August 21, 2010

If you ever had a step parent. How were they like to you?

Were they nice, abusive or just plain scary to have. My parents are separated already so if I'm going to have a step mother or father. Are they supporting to have?If you ever had a step parent. How were they like to you?
It's impossible to say what you'll get, but chances are that they'll be very similar to your real parent. They have a tendency to want to replace your parent, since they're in that role, so this needs to be discouraged. Acknowledge that they have an authoritative role in your life, but that they are not a true parent.





Sometimes they turn out just to be awesome friends, sometimes they try to overreach and it really hurts the relationship. Sometimes they're truly horrible people.





You won't know until you get one, how they'll be. One piece of advice I can give is this: Don't fight it. You're powerless, and your parent is just trying to find their own slice of happiness. You can make it easier on them by just accepting that you can't stop it.





Oh, and it's not the step parent you need to worry about, since most of the time they leave you be, it's the step siblings. They eat up your space, your slice of the pie. They can be good friends, but they're just interlopers most of the time.If you ever had a step parent. How were they like to you?
I have a step father, but he raised me since I was 2 months old.....he is my dad. Getting divorced does not mean that you will immediately have a new step parent. My parents are divorced (my mom and my ';step';dad) and my dad has moved on but mom is happy on her own. Step parents know that it is hard and everyone will have to get used to it (that person included) Usually you get a chance to get to know that person first people don't get divorced then remarry right away.
I've had eight step parents in all (not counting four that were common law wives or husbands); two step fathers and six step mothers. It would be too difficult to describe them all, but I feel blessed to have had them in my life. One was a long-haul trucker who took us all over the country with him during summer breaks, another was a socialite in DC who was short and really thin and liked to use the expression ';you should never wear white after September 1';, another was a traveling salesman who actually worked for CIA (at least that's what my mother says; I don't really believe it- he was too ethical); another was a woman who loved cats as much as I do, and then there was the other who got heavily into EST before the guy was indicted when it was found he was abusive to his wife and children. I liked the furniture mover a lot. I remember helping him deliver furniture to a convent in New York when I was 10. The nuns took pity on me and led me into the kitchen and gave me bags of leftover Easter candy and home-baked cookies. When we left, the driveway was steep and windy and it had started snowing and step dad #2 was having a lot of trouble backing out - so much so that every next word out of his mouth was a swear word. When I looked back at the convent I saw the nice old nuns standing there with horrified looks on their faces, just as step dad let loose with a string of shouted profanities and and backed the trailer into an old tree with a crunch! Anyway, we finally got out of there and on our way. I love that memory and think of those little old nuns often. Yep, step parents are great.
What?





Sweetie, just because your parents have separated doesn't mean you're automatically going to have a step-parent. There's no rule that says either one of your parents will choose to remarry in the future.





For what it's worth, I had step-parents that loved me just as much as my own parents did. I'm a step-parent now and treat my ';bonus'; daughters with the same love and respect as I feel for thier father.





A child has more than enough love to share with all the adults in thier lives. Don't stress about it.
My stepmom is nice. They're getting a divorce now, but that's their life not mine. She's still nice.





My stepdad wasn't so nice. He wasn't mean, but he wasn't as nice as my stepmom. They've been divorced for some time now, nothing lost there really.





It all depends on the person, not whether they are parents or stepparents. I hope that if you happen to get some, they are as nice if not nicer than your parents.
it depends on how old you are. and if your parents are only separated then you are unsure of what thier future holds. my step father passed away last week and was like a real father to me. but he was my step father from a young age. you may feel differently about the situation if you were older. always give them a chance though. your mom/dad loves them because they are a good person and they wouldn;t bring anyone into your life that would harm you.
Better than my real dad on my mother's part My dad remarried a bunch one was wicked witch of the west but he married well this time. Lived with Mom and step dad and he is far more loving, kind, giving and parental than my ';real'; dad





Hope it helps
My step mother was very nasty. She went to jail for trying to kill my little sister. She did 10 years. My father divorced the filthy bi*ch.
Too much interference. I acknowledge one authority and that is my mother.
Yes i had two stepparents growing up. A stepmom and a stepdad. I lived with my father and stepmother my whole childhood. She was very good to me and treated me like her own, but that isnt always true with alot of stepparents, It really all depends on who your step parent is. but i also hated her growing up and was mean, becuz i wanted to be with my mom and was a confused child, but now that im older i realize how wonderful she was. Make sure you respect her/him especially if they are trying, it isnt always easy for them either. good luck.
  • concealer makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment