Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is the average age difference between parent's and their offspring?

Generations are usually figured turning every 20 years (1944-1964 were Baby Boomers, 1965-1985 Gen X, etc.)





I suppose the average age of a first time parent varies greatly across the globe.





I had my first child at 39. My mother had her's at 23. Hope that helps!What is the average age difference between parent's and their offspring?
22- 30 years. Depends on the year. I'm 22 years older than my first daughter. 25 years older than my second, and 33 years older than my last. And I'm 61.I believe now that people are having children later in life. Their careers are coming first, and it is very expensive to raise a family. now.What is the average age difference between parent's and their offspring?
It really varies...child mothers seem to get younger and younger (as young as 10 unfortunately) and conversely women are having kids at older ages as well, well into their 40s. That's quite a gap.





My mother was 22 when she had my sister, 28 with me, and 30 with my younger brother.
I don't think there is one anymore since a lot of people are waiting to have children at an older age, and you still have teenage mothers too.
20 to 40 years is a generation.
I'm guessing...but I'd say average 25 years difference

No comments:

Post a Comment