Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why are there so many kids out of control nowadays? I was a very young parent and always had control?

...well at the most important times anyway. What's the problem?Why are there so many kids out of control nowadays? I was a very young parent and always had control?
I think its influence from society AND that parents are busy trying to be their childrens friends instead of their parent.





I don't blame TV, but there are definitely some shows that show children disrespecting their parents, teachers, etc. And kids see this, and see that people are laughing so they think its a good way to get attention. But TV doesn't cause bad kids. Mine watches the Simpsons, as did I when I was a kid. But we are there watching with her, and she knows its just TV and what manners she should have in real life.





Then there seems to be this growing concern for EVERYONE to control when and how a parent raises their child. We of course have the spanking war. To spank? Or not to spank? CPS is getting called every time a kid gets disciplined for throwing a fit in public. Some parents are out right scared to do anything about their kids behavior anymore because the police might get called.





Or parents want to be their childrens friend. Because for some reason they think the poor kid won't love them unless they buy them everything they want, let them stay out all night, and do whatever they feel like. :/





Don't get me wrong. There are a lot of GOOD kids out there, but I'm starting to think societies need to say what a parent can and can't do to raise their kid will be the end to well behaved children.Why are there so many kids out of control nowadays? I was a very young parent and always had control?
I think Chris above, goes towards answering the question. There was a cover story on Time Magazine about a year ago, covering this point. The percentages have gone up, especially in the UK


I notice the television characters do tend to dislpay these sort of values and problems, but in a way focusing on problems, not on solutions





My friend was helping to run a course for tteenagers, where they were asked 2 things:


what do you think your parents want most for you in the world?


A. To be happy


Is it possible, that you being unhappy, may be a way for you to punish your parents?





People evolve: They get to have boundaries as a baby, until they get responsibility enough to be child, adolescent and then young adults. Being out of control is really sad to see. It is sometimes the flip side of the discipline/freedom debate





Find the Time Magazine article, or see specific courses which may help - why do you ask the question?
I notice that a lot nowadays too. I'm a middle school teacher, and I do not remember kids being so disrespectful when I was in middle school. I''m only 24 years old by the way, so it wasn't all that long ago. I think it has a lot to do with poor parenting and horrible media influences, plus an overall lack of personal responsibility. The lack of responsibility it a direct result of the poor parenting though. I can't tell you how many times parents have made ridiculous excuses for why their kid cussed me out or didn't do their work.Kids just learn that they can do what they want and there are no consequences and now we have out of control youth. There are still some good kids out there, don't get me wrong. But that's why the bad ones are the way they are.
It's not just nowadays. There have always been and always will be kids who are out of control and others who are fine. Every generation thinks the generation after them is worse off than the one's before it, but for the most part it's not actually true.


Of course, if you were a VERY young parent maybe you could ask your parent's why they didn't have control over you.
I feel like it is the lack of discipline, I have 4 young children and they are well behaved, of course they have there bad days but they are good children, I feel like alot of parents let there children get away with way to much or feel too bad when they discipline them, or some parents even think the bad behavior is funny or cute, and then they wonder why there children are out of control.
I hear this quite often, but I don't personally see all that many ';out of control'; children when I go into public - at least, not any more than I saw when I was a kiddo. Even the few I do see, it may be that the child is just having a bad day. Maybe it's not always that it's bad parenting but the fact that there are people who judge parent's every move and make them feel uncomfortable to discipline in public.
You said you were a young parent and you ';think'; you had control. Nice joke, the way you fool yourself is what keeps you thinking you are better than others. Can't wait until you grow up.
I think it is lack of parenting! A lot of people want to be their kids best friends rather then their parents or the fact that it is easier to just let them do what they want. It irritates me!
People are LAZY. Being Lazy is the answer children don't bring their home work. Being lazy is the reason you forget to take your pills. Everyone is so lazy.
maybe you had proper care when you were growing up. these other kids probably are coming from a bad home...you never know what the reason is!

No comments:

Post a Comment