Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do you think you will/are a better parent than your parents were?

I have will/are in case you are already a parent.





I am not a parent but i think my parents were decent but they did alot of things that were not exactly parental.(alcoholism not being there for me).





So in short i think my parents were decent but i know i could be alot better parent than they were for me.Do you think you will/are a better parent than your parents were?
If I had been raised by my dad alone, I would like to think I am just as good. However, my mum did the main job and my dad was very easily led in the wrong direction, so I can comfortably say that I am a better parent than my parents were colectively. My dad is now a single father to my younger sisters (teens) and I'm so grateful to see him doing such a great job with them.Do you think you will/are a better parent than your parents were?
My parent's were good parents to my siblings and I.


I intend to be a good parent, hopefully better. But they also had different parenting ';techniques'; than I do.
I am a parent of two wonderful girls. I try to be the best mom I can be. I listen to them, cry with them, love them with all my Heart, etc., but I doubt I could ever be as good of a parent as my mom. She a true angel. She is in her 70's and is still a fantastic mom and is always there for everyone. I received a true Blessing when I got her for a MOM.
I totally believe Harvard Bound! Once you're a parent you notice that you're making the same mistakes! Sometimes it depends how ';bad'; your parents were. My parents had normal parenting problems so it's hard not to parent like them but if they had something bigger like alcoholism or drugs it's easier to not be like that. Just don't take that road but something like yelling at your kids or spanking them it's not such a big deal so you tend to not see it as something ';wrong';.





EDIT: My parents never hugged and kissed us even though we knew they loved us. They were never that strict with us either so my husband and I do that with our son, hug and kiss. My husband's parents NEVER hugged and kissed him and said i love you either but since we do with each other it's a lot easier to do the same with our son. My husband's parents him too many ';chores'; and resonsibilities and my parents didn't give me enough so with our son we'll give him what is considered just enough to us.
i sure do hope so.
My parents are fab but when I was a baby my mom dressed me up in my bro's clothes (he was two years older than me) i.e boys clothes xD Not her fault, I just think it was hand-me-downs!


So I think that when I have a kid I will dress them to their gender xD
yes!!! you learn from their mistakes
I couldn't be a better parent than my parent because they didn't the resource that we have today and yet we still spoil our kids.
Yeah, I've learnt a lot about how not to treat people because of my parents.


I've had to go through physical abuse and things %26amp; it has really taught me that violence is not the way to sort things out - it just develops into fear and hate.


I want to become a better parent than mine just to prove to them that I'm not a waste of space, or a bad person.
I am a better parent than mine were. My parents were drug addicts and my dad was a very violent man. We often never had a place to stay and we never had money. My children have a way better life than I did.
It all depends on the person. Some people want nothing more than to be the total opposite of their parents and there are others who are the exact same. If you choose to break the pattern for the best even if its something small then to me that's always a plus.
Yes
i think as a young person, everyone believes that they can do a better job being a parent than their own parents were, its just human nature. But when you actually become a parent, you realize that the way you raise your kids is actually very similar to the way you yourself were raised. I mean, if your parents were bad to you, you don't have to be bad to your kids, but you know what i mean.
I'm pregnant now at age 15, and my parents were divorced and i live with my dad, and he has done a pretty good job raising me even if i don't listen to him sometimes =/

No comments:

Post a Comment